The World Health Organization's International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) is the common framework to understand and describe functioning and disability. ICF Core Sets facilitate the description of functioning in clinical practice by providing lists of categories selected from the entire ICF for various health conditions and health care contexts. Published in English, German, Italian and now Chinese, this manual will soon be available in Korean, Spanish, Portugese and Malay. It includes:
An introduction to the concepts of functioning and disability.
A description of the development process of the ICF Core Sets and their purpose.
An introduction to the application of the ICF Core Sets in clinical practice based on a documentation form and use cases.
All available ICF Core Sets and corresponding documentation forms.
This manual is inherently multi-professional and will be of benefit not only to practitioners in various health care settings, but alos for students and teachers.
The manual can be ordered directly from the publisher or online on various portals like Amazon, and many more... For the flyer on the English version click here. For the Italian version click here and here for the German version.
The accompanying electronic documentation tool is also available on an open access basis at www.icf-core-sets.org.
- Perspective of physicians within a multidisciplinary team: Content validation of the Comprehensive ICF Core Set for HNC
- Priorities of head and neck cancer patients: a patient survey based on the Brief ICF Core Set for HNC
- Assessment of functional outcomes in head and neck cancer patients according to the ICF Core Sets from the perspective of the multi-professional team
- Evaluation of an ICF-based patient education programme for stroke patients: A randomized, single-blinded, controlled, multicentre trial of the effects on self-efficacy, life satisfaction and functioning
- Validation of the Brief ICF Core Set for hand conditions